In-Person Worship Guidelines (11/12/20)
We are now seeing increased COVID-19 pandemic conditions and elevated risk levels in Parker and Douglas County. Since it looks like we are facing a few more months of dealing with the COVID-19 situation here at Parker, the elders are wanting to keep the congregation as safe and as healthy as possible. We would like everyone to be aware of our In-Person worship guidelines currently in place:
- If you are sick or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19 we ask that you stay home and watch our online worship services
- Please Enter into the building through the South Door and Exit the building through the North Door
- Please practice SOCIAL DISTANCING (6ft. distance)
- Please practice proper HAND WASHING/SANITIZING
- Please wear your MASKS at all times while inside in the building. Masks are available on the table by the South Door
- Lord Supper kits are available on the table by the south door. Trays will not be passed around at this time.
- Contributions can be placed in the wooden box by the North Exit door or you can give electronically through Venmo
- Singing will be done using slides on the front wall. No song books are available in the pew racks
- Please visit/fellowship with each other outside as much as possible either before or after services. If that is not possible due to weather, please exercise social distancing and spread out as much as possible in the auditorium
- Cleaning and disinfecting of pews and flat surfaces will occur between services
Our goal is to prevent the spread of this virus while meeting inside our building to worship, to fellowship and to let us continue to worship in-person going forward. We understand everyone will have their own time frame when they feel comfortable or feel safe gathering together to worship. Please respect those decisions and find ways to encourage one another daily in whatever way we can.
For those attending our in-person worship services at Parker, we want to make sure we are doing everything we can to protect our members as well as our visitors. We pray that these are just temporary measures to follow and we appreciate your patience, sacrifice and understanding.
May 23, 2020 COVID-19 Update
May 23, 2020
Parker church family,
Many of you may have seen that Douglas County got the go-ahead to reopen restaurants, gyms, Park Meadows and Churches! The elders are aware of this variance, however services will remain suspended as we adjust our preparation plan to begin services again. This will include further guidance and requirements included in this variance. We ask for everyone’s patience and prayers.
After carefully monitoring the progression of the COVID-19 Virus and weighing our options, the elders have made the following temporary adjustments to our scheduled activities and services at the Parker church of Christ:
ALL Service Times (including Sunday AM Bible Class, Sunday AM and PM Worship, and Wednesday Bible Class) along with all events including (Fellowships, Teen Activities, Lads-to-Leaders, etc.) have been SUSPENDED until further notice.
However…..VBS is on! But it’s not going to be like we’re used to. VBS will be June 15-19 at 7 pm. It will be a virtual VBS live on Facebook!
Recent guidelines suggest limiting contact to crowds of 10 or less to slow the spread of this virus. Along with Federal, State, and Community efforts, we are joining in to help minimize the effect of this virus on those in our community.
In light of our current circumstances, James and/or Steve will be live-streaming words of encouragement throughout the week on Facebook Live on our Inside the Parker Facebook page. James will also be involving our kids in Pew Packers on Zoom and Kyle will be involving our Teens with Teen Devo's on Zoom as well.
James and/or Steve will also be live-streaming a sermon each Sunday morning at 11AM through Facebook Live on the Parker Church of Christ page AND our Inside the Parker Facebook page. We encourage all members to participate in the sermon and engage in each of the other prescribed acts of New Testament worship at home with your families. If you are unable to get out to the store to purchase unleavened bread or grape juice, please let the elders know so they can arrange for someone who would be happy to get it for you.
The work and needs of the church continue, so we ask that you continue to support the work through your financial contributions. Your weekly contributions may be sent using the Venmo App on your phone or mailed to the church treasurer (Lance Petrillo), or you can set them aside to give when our normal meeting times resume.
This decision was made after much prayer and deliberation. We have been charged with the care and protection of the church, and we believe that this is our best plan of action due to the current situation. We recognize that worship is not limited to a building or to an address. We can be the church and worship as the church outside of the walls of our building. These circumstances will not last forever, and our God is in control! Our regular assemblies and activities will resume at a later date. In the meantime, we encourage everyone to stay in contact with one another and check on one another during this challenging time. If you have any needs or concerns, the elders are always available to talk to or meet with you.
Take care of yourselves. We love you!